Elveden Estate holds “toughest triathlon in East Anglia”
Almost 70 athletes braved the scorching sun on Sunday to take part in a triathlon at the Elveden Estate.
The challenging course comprised a 750m swim in the reservoir, 25km mountain bike ride through the sandy Breckland soils and 5km run through the forest.
The Tear Jerker, billed as the toughest off-road triathlon in East Anglia, attracted 68 participants and more than 100 spectators.
Overall male winner, with a time of one hour, 28 minutes and 47 seconds, was Toby Morrell.
Fastest female was Suzy Stennett with two hours, seven minutes and 48 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes included sacks of Elveden's home grown onions, hotel stays at the Elveden Inn and vouchers for triathlon equipment.
Organiser Ruth Lawrence said: 'I'm delighted by the success of the Tear Jerker, it was a beautiful day and the added heat presented an even greater challenge.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 5 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 8 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 Holiday let plan rejected due to flooding concerns
'It's certainly not a race for the faint-hearted.'
Adjudicated by Triathlon England, the Tear Jerker is set to become an annual event.
Athletes interested in taking part next year can already register their interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org