Elon Musk's Starlink satellites seen zooming over Norwich
- Credit: Hein van den Wildenberg
A long line of lights believed to be Elon Musk's SpaceX satellites have been seen zooming over Norwich.
Hein van den Wildenberg said he saw a 'long line of lights' yesterday evening (May 8) around 10pm.
He said: "When letting the dogs out, my wife and I saw - for several minutes - a long line of lights, like small specks, moving at speed, high in the sky, coming from roughly south-west of Norwich travelling in north-eastern direction.
"We could not imagine what it was. Tried to video it, but specks do not come out."
The SpaceX venture by Elon Musk beams internet down to Earth from Space using a constellation of satellites.
It is not the first time the satellites have been seen over Norfolk.
In April 2020, stargazers saw a trail of flashing lights over Norwich again.
In January 2020, another trail of lights were seen over Aylsham.
More strange lights were also seen flying over Old Catton in July 2020.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub