Festive fundraising success at care home for 'Elf Day'
- Credit: Oaklands House
Staff and residents at a care home embarked on some festive fundraising for a vital cause with a special 'Elf Day' celebration.
Oaklands House care home in Reydon, near Southwold, raised £400 for the Alzheimer’s Society, after a successful day of festive fundraising last Friday, December 4.
The team celebrated 'Elf Day' by decorating the home and donning elf-themed fancy dress and props, while enjoying festive games and activities.
A raffle was held for residents, staff and relatives to boost the final, fantastic total for the charity.
Staff have also been going above and beyond in recent months to come up with fun and innovative ideas for residents during the Covid-19 pandemic, including silver service dining experiences and more.
Home manager Ian Gooch said: “We’re extremely proud to have raised so much money for such an important cause which is very close to our hearts.
"Elf Day was so much fun for our residents and our staff and it was great to get festive and enjoy some Christmas silliness after a challenging few months."
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 5 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 8 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 9 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 10 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront