Electrical fire closes town centre road
- Credit: Chris Bishop
An electrical fire caused by a faulty underground cable has forced the main road in a Norfolk town to close.
The fire started in Market Street, Wymondham at around 6pm on Monday and was extinguished before the fire service's arrival at 6:30pm.
No one was injured in the fire.
Market Street was closed while the electrical fault with the cables was repaired by the electricity distribution company, who had to dig up a part of the road.
A spokesman from Norfolk Fire and Rescue said: "We were there for about an hour, there was an electrical fault with the underground cable and that has now been repaired by an electricity team."
You may also want to watch:
The road later reopened.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price