Elderly woman trapped after car rolls at Buxton, near Aylsham
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman had to be cut free from her car after it flipped in a single-vehicle accident near Aylsham.
The woman, believed to be in her 80s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital but her injuries are not thought to be serious.
The incident happened on Aylsham Road, Buxton, at about 9am today, Friday June 17, when a green Toyota Yaris rolled.
Firefighters from Aylsham and Sprowston, and ambulance crew, attended the scene and she was released using enhanced hydraulic rescue equipment.
An East of England Ambulance Service Trust spokesman said the woman was treated at the scene for a wrist injury before being taken to hospital for further treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The road was blocked until just after 10.30am.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 8 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 9 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success