Elderly woman seriously injured by propeller after falling from boat on Norfolk Broads
- Credit: James Bass
An elderly woman was struck by propeller after falling from the back of a boat on the Norfolk Broads.
Emergency services - including an air ambulance - were called to the River Bure near the Acle Bridge Inn on Thursday afternoon.
The woman, believed to be in her 70s, suffered serious leg injuries caused by a boat's propeller and had to be flown to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
A spokesman for the East Anglian Air Ambulance said it was called to the scene in Acle shortly before 12.40pm.
It arrived around 10 minutes later, and an on-board doctor and paramedic treated the patient before transporting her to hospital.
The spokesman was unable to give a comment on her condition.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 4 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 5 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 6 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 7 Norwich painter and decorator named best in the country
- 8 Emma Thompson backs Norwich charity which helped her daughter
- 9 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 10 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance