Elderly woman pushed over in attempted robbery in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
An elderly woman was pushed to the ground during an attempted robbery in Great Yarmouth.
It happened around 6.15pm on Thursday, November 12, when the 72-year-old victim was approached by a woman as she walked along Tolhouse street near to the entrance of Dorset Close.
The suspect tried to grab the victim's bag before pushing her to the floor.
A passer-by intervened resulting in the suspect running off in the direction of Yarmouth Way without stealing anything.
The female suspect is described as being white, around 5ft 3, of a slim build and wearing dark clothing including a hooded jacket.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident or anyone with information should contact Det Con Kevin Maskell at Great Yarmouth CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 2 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 3 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 6 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 7 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 8 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 9 Town faces disruption from roadworks 15 miles away
- 10 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village