Elderly woman is attacked by three masked men in Lakenheath
A 90-year-old woman has been taken to the West Suffolk hospital with a cut to her head after she was attacked by three masked men at her home in Arrowhead Drive in Lakenheath.
Police were contacted just before 8.10pm on Monday, February 17 by the woman who reported that three men wearing dark clothing and something over their faces had broken into her home and hit her.
The men had then searched the property before leaving, and at this stage it's not known what has been stolen.
Officers immediately attended and found the woman with a cut to her head and an ambulance was called.
A police spokesman said that at this stage the injury is not thought to be life threatening and the woman has been talking to officers at the hospital with her.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Police have started an investigation into the incident and have searched the area, with assistance from MOD police, and cordoned off the property.
Officers are following several lines of enquiry to trace those involved but are asking anyone who was in the area between around 7.30pm and 8.30pm on Monday to come forward.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
Anyone with information about the incident or the offenders should call Suffolk Police on 101, or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.