Elderly woman dies in Elveden A11 collision
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A woman in her 70s has died after a collision on the A11 this afternoon.
Roads policing officers have now confirmed that an elderly woman has sadly died at the scene of a fatal collision earlier this afternoon in Elveden.
At approximately 3:35pm, a grey Honda was travelling along the B1106 towards the A11 and Brandon when it was in collision with a red Volvo heading in the opposite direction towards West Stow.
Sadly the driver of the Honda, a woman in her 70s from the Thetford area received fatal injuries as a result of the collision. The male driver of the Volvo was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital to receive treatment for lower back pain.
Police officers and the ambulance service – including the air ambulance – were in attendance and the road remained blocked while an initial investigation got underway at the scene.
Officers are asking anyone who may have seen the collision, has dash cam footage of the incident or witnessed the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to it to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101, quoting CAD number 301 of today, Friday 9 December
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 4 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 5 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 7 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 8 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts