Elderly woman dies in Elveden A11 collision
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A woman in her 70s has died after a collision on the A11 this afternoon.
Roads policing officers have now confirmed that an elderly woman has sadly died at the scene of a fatal collision earlier this afternoon in Elveden.
At approximately 3:35pm, a grey Honda was travelling along the B1106 towards the A11 and Brandon when it was in collision with a red Volvo heading in the opposite direction towards West Stow.
Sadly the driver of the Honda, a woman in her 70s from the Thetford area received fatal injuries as a result of the collision. The male driver of the Volvo was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital to receive treatment for lower back pain.
Police officers and the ambulance service – including the air ambulance – were in attendance and the road remained blocked while an initial investigation got underway at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are asking anyone who may have seen the collision, has dash cam footage of the incident or witnessed the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to it to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101, quoting CAD number 301 of today, Friday 9 December
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk