Woman dies after being hit by Royal Mail lorry
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A woman has died after being involved in a collision with a lorry in the centre of Diss.
Police were called to the junction of Victoria Road and Mere Street at 2.30pm on Tuesday, July 16, following reports a Royal Mail delivery lorry had been involved in a collision with a pedestrian.
The pedestrian, a local woman in her 70s, was treated by paramedics but died at the scene.
Her next of kin are still being informed, police said.
Following the incident the road remained closed while investigations into the circumstances of the collision took place.
Roads policing officers would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision, the manner of the driving of the vehicle prior to it or from anyone who may have captured the incident on dash-cam.
You may also want to watch:
Contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk Police on 101, quoting CAD NC-16072019-293
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut