Elderly woman cut from car after collision with bus on A149 at Heacham
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
An elderly couple escaped with minor injuries after their car was in collision with a bus today.
Police said the accident happened on the A149 at the junction with Lamsey Lane, just after noon, when a Skoda car was involved in a collision with a bus.
Firefighters from Hunstanton, Sandringham and King's Lynn attended, along with police and ambulances.
An elderly woman had to be cut free from the Skoda. Both she and an eldrly man who was also in the car escaped with minor injuries. The road was closed for more than an hour.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: 'Two ambulance crews and an ambulance officer attended and treated four patients. Two were walking wounded and two others were taken to Queen Elizabeth hospital – one female was having breathing difficulties – at this point, we believe injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market