Elderly man verbally abused and attacked in Yaxham, near Dereham
A teenager verbally abused and catapulted an object towards an elderly man.
The attack happened in Stone Road, Yaxham, near Dereham, between 1pm and 1.30pm on Monday.
The 76-year-old was walking along the road when a white Ford transit van drove past and as it did so a boy shouted verbal abuse at the victim out of the window.
After the vehicle stopped further up Stone Road the teenager, believed to be 14-years-old, got out and fired an object from the floor towards the elderly man.
The victim was not injured but was left feeling very distressed and the van is believed to have had a 51 number plate.
You may also want to watch:
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident. Contact PC Wendy Emmett at Norfolk police on 0845 4564567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort