Elderly man taken to hospital following two-vehicle crash in Lowestoft
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A man was taken to hospital with chest injuries following a crash in Lowestoft.
Police and the East of England Ambulance Service were called out about 12.15pm today (Friday) following a crash between a Suzuki Swift and an Audi Q3 on Bloodmoor Road.
A police spokesman said: 'We were called at 12.24pm to reports of a collision on Bloodmoor Road. One person suffered a facial injury and another was complaining of chest pains.'
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman added: 'We were called at 12.15pm today to reports of a road traffic collision in Lowestoft.
'A rapid response vehicle and an ambulance were dispatched to provide care to the three people involved. An elderly gentleman was then taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston with a suspected chest injury, but thankfully his injuries aren't thought to be serious and we wish him the very best for his recovery.'
You may also want to watch:
? Witnesses are being sought following the crash. Information should be directed to Lowestoft police, quoting CAD reference 171 of today (Friday).
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 6 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 9 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'