Elderly driver escapes injury after car comes off A143 near Gillingham
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An elderly driver escaped injury after his car came off the A143 near Gillingham.
The crash happened on Yarmouth Road in Glebeland, near the McDonald's roundabout, at 6.07am on Monday December 11.
Insp James Makepeace, from Norfolk Police, said the man, who was elderly, was driving a Nissan Micra which came off the main road.
It is understood the accident was caused by the motorist 'suffering a medical episode' or 'driver error'.
He was not injured and the road was not blocked.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police officers took the driver home at 6.30am.
For road updates visit the EDP live traffic map.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk