Delays and disruptions on Norfolk’s railways, with ‘more trains than usual needing repairs’
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Passengers are facing delays and cancellations on trains in Norfolk today.
A fault with the level crossing at Stowmarket in Suffolk caused delays on Greater Anglia trains between Norwich and London Liverpool Street.
Greater Anglia said train services were delayed by up to 10 minutes.
The 9.30am Norwich to London Liverpool Street train and the midday service from Liverpool Street to Norwich were cancelled due to a train fault.
There have also been cancellations on services between Norwich and Great Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
The 6.52am and 8.09am services from Norwich to the seaside town, along with the 7.30am and 8.46am services from Yarmouth to the city were cancelled because of what Greater Anglia described as 'more trains than usual needing repairs at the same time'.
The same reason was given for the cancellation of the 10.05 Norwich to Lowestoft and the 10.57am Lowestoft to Norwich services.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed