Ein prosit! Chapelfield Gardens to become 1,200-seat beer garden for German ‘Oktoberfest’ event
- Credit: Archant
A 1,200-seat beer garden will be the central feature at a big Oktoberfest-style event in Norwich this month.
German Bierfest Norwich 2017 will run from June 15-18 at Chapelfield Gardens in the city.
There will be a 300-seat beer tent with table service and a DJ show, traditional Bavarian lederhosen and dirndls, authentic German food - and beer served in the famous one-litre maß glasses.
You may also want to watch:
Marvin Kluge, event manager for organiser London Oktoberfest Ltd, said: 'We are setting up a 1,200-seat beer garden, as part of an open-air family-friendly festival - German Village and Bierfest.
'We call it frühlingsfest in Germany. That means we celebrate the spring starts and the winter is over. And typically, we do it with beer',
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us
Visitors will find vintage wooden huts selling food and drinks, including Aperol Spritz, Hugo, Sekt, bratwurst and bockwurst.
A Souvenir-hütte offers gifts including Tyrolean hats and gingerbread hearts.
Mr Kluge added: 'German Bierfest Norwich is much more than just beer. It is a celebration of life and an appreciation of culture. All staff will be dressed in special Bavarian costume.
'We present true German beers and food. Three beers on offer including the famous Weißbier are specially brewed in a 200-year-old brewery in Bavaria.' Free entrance to the open-air areas. Table booking is available for the bier tent.
? Visit www.norwich.bierfest.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 239 1408.