Eight-year-old girl from Norwich cuts off waist-length hair to donate to Little Princess Trust
- Credit: Larissa Warnes
An eight-year-old girl from Norwich has raised hundreds of pounds for charity after cutting off her hair for the Little Princess Trust.
Brooke Joyce wanted to brave the chop after seeing a little girl on television talking about missing her hair after losing it due to illness.
As a result she had her waist-length hair chopped off above her shoulders so the hair could be donated to the charity, which will use it to make wigs for cancer sufferers.
Brooke has also raised £200 on her JustGiving page, with donations from friends and family taking her to 750pc of her £20 target.
The haircut took place on Saturday, June 16 by Larissa Warnes, from Colour Me Crazy.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Little Princess Trust said: 'We are delighted to hear that Brooke has decided to cut her hair and donate it to the Little Princess Trust.
'It's such a brave decision to cut off a lot of hair but we are hugely grateful.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
'Receiving a wig has a profoundly positive effect on those we assist.'