Eight fire crews tackle Norwich blaze
- Credit: Archant
Eight fire crews have fought a blaze at a scout and guide centre in Norwich.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said crews tackled a fire at Eaton Vale campsite off Church Lane in Eaton near Norwich, while Eaton Vale Scout and Guide Activity centre confirmed on Twitter there had been a blaze in its building.
The post said: “There has been a fire at Eaton Vale Scout and Guide Activity Centre today.
“No one was on site at the time and no one has been hurt.
“The fire brigade are present and acting accordingly.”
You may also want to watch:
The alarm was raised at 3.56pm today (Tuesday March 31).
Crews from Earlham, Carrow, Sprowston, Hethersett and Wymondham were on the scene.
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 3 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 4 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 5 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 6 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 7 Man died after lorry crashed into litter picking vans on A11
- 8 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 9 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 10 Driver may have fallen asleep before fatal crash, inquest hears
They used main and hose reel jets, breathing apparatus and the aerial ladder platform.
A spokesperson for Norfolk fire said they were not aware of other emergency services in attendance.
They added there had been no reports of injured people on the log.
The stop call came in at 5.51pm and an investigation has been launched into the cause of the fire.