Eight fire crews tackle Norwich blaze
- Credit: Archant
Eight fire crews have fought a blaze at a scout and guide centre in Norwich.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said crews tackled a fire at Eaton Vale campsite off Church Lane in Eaton near Norwich, while Eaton Vale Scout and Guide Activity centre confirmed on Twitter there had been a blaze in its building.
The post said: “There has been a fire at Eaton Vale Scout and Guide Activity Centre today.
“No one was on site at the time and no one has been hurt.
“The fire brigade are present and acting accordingly.”
You may also want to watch:
The alarm was raised at 3.56pm today (Tuesday March 31).
Crews from Earlham, Carrow, Sprowston, Hethersett and Wymondham were on the scene.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
They used main and hose reel jets, breathing apparatus and the aerial ladder platform.
A spokesperson for Norfolk fire said they were not aware of other emergency services in attendance.
They added there had been no reports of injured people on the log.
The stop call came in at 5.51pm and an investigation has been launched into the cause of the fire.