Norwich street shut and buses diverted for water main works
- Credit: Archant
Buses have been diverted after a Norwich road was closed for water main work.
First Buses in Norwich tweeted to say some of their services - including the Pink Line 11/12 buses to Sprowston and the Turquoise line buses to Spixworth - would be diverted to allow for the work on Thursday.
The work on the water main has closed Edward Street to Heath Road.
Anglian Water said its team was completing a repair to a valve on Edward Street/Magdalen Street, and expected the road to reopen by Thursday evening.
It comes after a water main burst on the road on Friday, December 28, before it reopened on Saturday, December 29. It was initially feared it would remain closed all weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Anglian Water said Thursday's incident was not a second burst, but instead was a smaller job in the same area.
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 2 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 3 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 4 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious