Norwich street shut and buses diverted for water main works
- Credit: Archant
Buses have been diverted after a Norwich road was closed for water main work.
First Buses in Norwich tweeted to say some of their services - including the Pink Line 11/12 buses to Sprowston and the Turquoise line buses to Spixworth - would be diverted to allow for the work on Thursday.
The work on the water main has closed Edward Street to Heath Road.
Anglian Water said its team was completing a repair to a valve on Edward Street/Magdalen Street, and expected the road to reopen by Thursday evening.
It comes after a water main burst on the road on Friday, December 28, before it reopened on Saturday, December 29. It was initially feared it would remain closed all weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Anglian Water said Thursday's incident was not a second burst, but instead was a smaller job in the same area.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend