Youngsters from School Lane Pre-School in Sprowston celebrate end of term with special graduation
- Credit: Ian Rees
Children making the leap from pre-school to junior school this autumn received a special send-off.
School Lane Pre-School in Sprowston, which teaches two-four-year-olds, held a graduation ceremony for 22 youngsters, all aged four, who are moving on to local schools.
As well as getting to wear blue gowns and mortar board hats, they were given certificates in front of their parents, carers and pre-school staff and had their photos taken for the occasion.
Ian Rees, chairman of School Lane Pre-School, said: 'The graduation is a big tradition for us.
'It is a chance to celebrate the youngsters moving on to the start of school and celebrate their two years of education with us as a group. It was a very successful day.
You may also want to watch:
'The transition to school is a big leap for children. The graduation is a lot of fun.'
The pre-school also held a fundraising fair that day which raised £280 for school equipment.
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs