Youngsters from Norwich schools meet for day of festive tunes
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from a handful of Norwich schools under one academy trust met to spend a day singing festive tunes.
More than 75 students from Firside Junior School, Arden Grove Infant and Nursery School, Heather Avenue Infant School, Lodge Lane Infant School and Hellesdon High School - all in the north of Norwich - met for the event on Tuesday, November 21.
Visiting musician Joe Ringer led the singing at the Wensum Trust's first singing day, where youngsters from various schools were able to meet new friends.
Hellesdon High's Joanna Betts, who organised the event, said; 'Being able to bring together both teachers and students from across the trust through the love of music, has been such a heart-warming experience. The students and staff involved all seemed to have an amazing time and the smiles on so many faces said it all.'
It is hoped a recording from the day can be released to raise funds for Action for Children.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 7 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?