Young film makers being urged to sign-up for new course in Norwich
- Credit: PA
Teenagers passionate about a career in the film industry are being encouraged to apply for a new course being held in Norwich.
Organisers behind the BFI Film Academy 2015 are looking for film makers aged between 16 to 19 from across Norfolk and Suffolk to help make their dreams of a career in film a reality.
BFI chief executive, Amanda Nevill, said: 'We know how important it is for us to do this, to nurture and support the gifted and talented, wherever they are in the UK, because the future of our industry depends on them.'
Now in its fourth year, the Academy is seeking 20 applicants, who will be offered training for every film industry role, including writing, directing, production, sound design, editing and camera. They will also be taught film history and cinematic storytelling and will receive hands-on filmmaking experience while working alongside industry professionals.
Elli Chapman, artistic director the youth arts organisation Culture Works, who will be delivering the course, said: 'This is a great opportunity for any young film maker who is already developing their film work as part of education or in their own time and is considering a career in any part of the industry.'
• The closing date for applications is midnight on October 11 and the first course starts on October 14. For more information or an application click here.
You may also want to watch:
• Are you working on a film project? Email Donna-Louise Bishop or ring 01603 772568.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?