Young book lovers wanted for summer reading challenge
- Credit: Archant
Young reading enthusiasts are needed to help children choose what books to read at Norfolk's libraries this summer.
Norfolk County Council's library and information service is looking for volunteers aged 13 to 25 to get involved in this year's Beano-themed Mischief Makers Summer Reading Challenge.
The annual reading event for primary school children involves borrowing and reading different books, and getting rewards.
'Teenagers and young adults are great advocates for reading as they can recommend the books that they themselves have loved,' said Margaret Dewsbury, chairman of Norfolk County Council's communities committee.
School children can join in Mischief Makers Summer Reading Challenge 2018 at their local library throughout the school summer holidays.
You may also want to watch:
Email email@example.com or call 0344 800 8020 for more information on how to volunteer.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder