Staff and pupils isolating at two secondary schools
- Credit: Archant
An academy trust has taken action to isolate students and staff following positive cases of coronavirus at two of its schools in Norfolk.
Sapientia Education Trust said it had been advised by Public Health England that there has been a confirmed case of Covid-19 at both Wymondham College and Attleborough Academy.
At Wymondham College, which has 1,407 students who are both day and boarding school pupils, it is believed a sixth form student and a member of staff have tested positive.
Attleborough Academy, a secondary school near the centre of the town, has 801 students.
Both schools remain open and pupils are continuing to attend as normal unless they display symptoms or have been notified that they should self-isolate.
MORE: Coronavirus hits 96 Norfolk schools as face mask rules come into forceJonathan Taylor, CEO of Sapientia Education Trust, said: “We are continuing to monitor the situation and are working closely with Public Health England and we are following their protocols and advice.
You may also want to watch:
“Please be assured that we are doing everything in our power to deal with the situation as calmly and efficiently as possible to ensure the health and wellbeing of all our staff and students.
“The small number of pupils and staff who have been in close contact with the individuals who have tested positive for coronavirus in each school have already been informed and they will now self-isolate.”
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 Teenager in hospital after being stabbed in group attack
- 3 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 4 Plans for 130 homes and GP surgery backed, despite 'predatory' claim
- 5 Award-winning Norwich doctor - 'racism made me change my name'
- 6 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 7 Concern for man who has gone missing
- 8 Green light for more than 250 homes on edge of Norwich
- 9 Search continues for man missing in the Broads
- 10 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
Last week Norfolk County Council said there were eight current outbreaks with two or more positive cases, and 88 situations, where there is one case, in Norfolk’s 422 schools.