Staff and pupils isolating at two secondary schools
- Credit: Archant
An academy trust has taken action to isolate students and staff following positive cases of coronavirus at two of its schools in Norfolk.
Sapientia Education Trust said it had been advised by Public Health England that there has been a confirmed case of Covid-19 at both Wymondham College and Attleborough Academy.
At Wymondham College, which has 1,407 students who are both day and boarding school pupils, it is believed a sixth form student and a member of staff have tested positive.
Attleborough Academy, a secondary school near the centre of the town, has 801 students.
Both schools remain open and pupils are continuing to attend as normal unless they display symptoms or have been notified that they should self-isolate.
MORE: Coronavirus hits 96 Norfolk schools as face mask rules come into forceJonathan Taylor, CEO of Sapientia Education Trust, said: “We are continuing to monitor the situation and are working closely with Public Health England and we are following their protocols and advice.
You may also want to watch:
“Please be assured that we are doing everything in our power to deal with the situation as calmly and efficiently as possible to ensure the health and wellbeing of all our staff and students.
“The small number of pupils and staff who have been in close contact with the individuals who have tested positive for coronavirus in each school have already been informed and they will now self-isolate.”
- 1 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 2 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 4 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 5 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 6 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 7 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 8 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 9 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
- 10 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
Last week Norfolk County Council said there were eight current outbreaks with two or more positive cases, and 88 situations, where there is one case, in Norfolk’s 422 schools.