Two Norfolk students make Forbes list of influential young people in business
- Credit: Anna Jones
Forbes has recognised two former Norfolk students in a list of Europe's most influential young businesspeople.
Anna Jones and Olga Turner, who both studied at Wymondham College, were named in the iconic magazine's 30 Under 30 Europe list for 2019.
The fourth annual list features 300 young visionaries and rising stars from across the continent in 10 categories.
Miss Jones was selected in the social entrepreneurs category. She is co-founder of RefuAid, an organisation which helps refugees to start a life in the UK with finance and language tuition and employment advice.
Meanwhile Miss Turner, director and co-founder of Ekkist, a company which champions architecture to support mental wellbeing, was selected for manufacturing and industry.
You may also want to watch:
Dan Browning, headteacher at Wymondham College, said it was a 'huge achievement' for the school to see two alumni in the prestigious list.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 9 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low