Work starts at Lynnsport, in King’s Lynn, so College of West Anglia students can move in
Work to create six classrooms, a sports lab and new offices at Lynnsport starts today.
They will provide accommodation for sports and leisure students from the College of West Anglia, while the Tower Block on the Tennyson Avenue is being refurbished.
David Pope, West Norfolk's cabinet member for leisure, said: 'The college needed to find somewhere to accommodate its students and as they already hire Lynnsport for some of their activities, it makes sense for them to relocate other classes and practical sessions to the same site.
'We have relocated all of Lynnsport's regular users affected by this work and will be doing everything we can to ensure that any disruption to service is kept to an absolute minimum.'
The work, which includes the creation of six new classrooms in the Sandringham Suite area at Lynnsport along with a sports lab and some office space, is being funded by the College of West Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'