Winter School Games kick-off at Sportspark
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of young people will come together to compete for their School Sports Partnership in the Norfolk Winter School Games.
Organisers say the week-long festival of sport, launched yesterday, is set to be bigger than ever before and will be the most inclusive in the history of the competition for Norfolk.
Jo Thompson, School Games project officer from Active Norfolk said: 'We're trying really hard to make the opportunities available through the Norfolk School Games appeal to loads more youngsters than ever before.
'The aim is to get the message across that physical activity can be done in many ways and school sports can provide the chance to try something new to everyone.'
The Norfolk Winter School Games Week will see more than 2,200 young people from schools across the county take part in 12 events.
You may also want to watch:
The Norfolk School Games is organised by Active Norfolk and the eight School Sport Partnerships in the county,
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021