Where will Norfolk’s flagship University Technical College be based?
A flagship University Technical College, approved by the government last year, will open in September 2014.
The Norfolk UTC, run by the Transforming Education in Norfolk (TEN) group in partnership with Norwich City College, the University of East Anglia, Group Lotus, Gardline and Future Marine Services, will offer 14 to 19 year olds an education focused on engineering, energy and manufacturing.
The group, led by former City College Norwich principal Dick Palmer, has now secured a site for the college which it has less than 20 months to transform.
Mr Palmer said the college had been given �7m of government funding to create its base and buy equipment needed for the UTC.
He said: 'We're absolutely confident it will be a stunning, iconic institution once we are there in August 2014.'
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk UTC will cater for up to 600 students – with 150 being admitted in the first year.
To find out where the 14-19 academy will be based, sees tomorrow's paper.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash