West End stars visit Aylsham High School for theatrical workshop and concert
In a once in a lifetime opportunity famous stars from London's West End have been teaching a group of north Norfolk students the tricks of the trade.
The 35 students from Aylsham High School are spending the week doing workshops in acting, singing and dancing with some of the best names in showbiz.
Put on by The West End Experience, the week will conclude with a one-hour concert at the end of the week.
Hazel Martin, head of drama at the high school, explained that this was part of the school's activities week programme which aims to give students a taste of various different pursuits.
She said: 'These students are getting the chance to work with professionals and the expectation is they will perform like professionals, gain confidence, and perform like they never knew they could.'
You may also want to watch:
Among the performers leading the school are Richard Munday, who is currently starring in Phantom of the Opera, and Blood Brothers' Craig Whiteley.
The grand finale concert takes place on Friday at 8pm, where the students and stars will perform numbers from West End shows including Blood Brothers, Mamma Mia and Hairspray.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
Jim Henson, who is currently musical director on We Will Rock You, is orchestrating the concert.
? Tickets for the final showcase, which are �5, are available from www.ticketsource.co.uk, by calling 07867 790073 or from Aylsham High School on 01263 733270 extension 126.