Academy trust reveals its new chief executive
- Credit: Wensum Trust
A Norwich-based academy trust has revealed its new chief executive.
Daniel Thrower, headteacher at Arden Grove Infant and Nursery School, will take over the top job at the Wensum Trust from September 2019.
He replaces Gerry Batty, who has been chief executive at the Wensum Trust since its formation and announced his retirement in November.
Mr Thrower is current executive headteacher for early years foundation stage (EYFS) and key stage one for the trust and has overseen collaboration between its primary schools which has already achieved positive outcomes.
In a statement, the Wensum Trust said Mr Thrower and Mr Batty would work closely together to 'ensure a smooth transition' and build on the previous successes of the trust.
You may also want to watch:
It added: 'The board of trustees would like to thank Mr Batty for his tireless commitment to improving outcomes for our students.'
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 6 Water outages hit homes across city
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 People released from car after crash closes road
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140