MP’s praise for students graduating at East Coast College Lowestoft campus
- Credit: Archant
'It is a very special day.'
That was the reaction of Waveney MP Peter Aldous, who was part of the procession at the University of Suffolk at East Coast College Lowestoft Campus graduation on Saturday alongside college governors, academic staff, assistant prinicipals, the honorary fellow Hugh Sturzaker, chief executive and princiapl Stuart Rimmer and vice chancellor of the University of Suffolk Professor Helen Langton , said it was a 'very special day.'
Speaking after the ceremony at St Margaret's Church, Lowestoft Mr Aldous said: 'Since offering degrees here in Lowestof this has very much become part of the annual calendar, which I look forward to each October.
'It is a very special day for those who graduate after a long period of hard work and dedication and I offer my congratualtions to everyone here for all they have achieved.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk