Video: Award-winning young Stalham poet Finn Will reads his poem about an owl’s enchanting moonlit realm
An owl's enchanting moonlit realm is the subject of an award-winning poem by schoolboy Finn Will.
Finn scooped one of the top accolades in this year's EDP and Bayer CropScience Young Poets of the Year competition which challenged young writers to create a poem with the theme Escape to a Magical World.
In the 10-11 age group Finn Will, a 10-year-old pupil at Stalham Junior School, won with his untitled poem about an owl 'haunting, hooting, hunting' in a 'milky moonlight' world.
Mr Blofeld described it as a 'tale of high fantasy' and said 'its mysterious elfin tone could have come straight from the libraries of Tolkein's Middle Earth.'
About his poem, Finn said: 'We usually go on long walks and see lots of nature and owls and that sort of thing, and I like Harry Potter and books like that, and that is what gave me my inspiration as well as a visit to an owl sanctuary.'
You may also want to watch:
Finn's dad Tim Will said he thought the competition was a great way of inspiring young people to enjoy writing.
- 1 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 2 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 3 Rogue trader jailed after taking thousands of pounds from customers
- 4 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 5 Builder wants zero affordable homes in development – after promising 13
- 6 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- 7 More than 40pc of people in Norfolk have now had their first Covid jab
- 8 Seafront Bath House homes for sale again after price drop
- 9 Seafront beach chalets demolished as part of major £1.6m scheme
- 10 Have your say - should north Norfolk be able to ease restrictions sooner?