Video: Award-winning young Norwich poet Jude Lince reads his poem Italian Adventures
A bizarre and quirky land inspired by pasta is the subject of school boy Jude Lince's award-winning poem.
Jude scooped one of the top accolades in this year's EDP and Bayer CropScience Young Poets of the Year competition which challenged young writers to write a poem with the theme Escape to a Magical World.
Nine-year-old Jude, who goes to Colman Junior School in Norwich, won the 8-9 age category with his poem Italian Adventures,
It is a tale of a youngster's meal of spaghetti that transports him into a strange pasta-filled land with a river of formaggio sauce and a volcano made of ravioli.
Mr Blofeld said the comic poem 'stood out far above the others in its year,' and that he loved its depth of description and the idea that 'ordinary daydreams can take us to magical places.'
You may also want to watch:
Jude, whose favourite authors include Roald Dahl, said: 'It just popped into my mind. It is about a world of pasta except it is sort of a daydream. I just like writing. It is good fun.'
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts