Upwell Primary School to become academy
- Credit: Matthew Usher
The school, near Wisbech, has over 170 students and was awarded a good rating in its last Ofsted inspection in 2013.
It will be joining the CWA Academy Trust founded by the College of West Anglia.
Upwell will be the seventh school to convert to academy status as a member of the CWA Academy Trust and will join Nelson Academy, Eastgate Academy and Southery Academy to become the fourth primary in the trust.
Alan Culley, head of governors for Upwell, said: 'Upwell Primary School shares with the CWA Academy Trust the vision of providing an excellent environment in which students can achieve their full potential.
'We are delighted to be joining the CWA Academy Trust's family of schools, we are confident that the support and advice that is so readily available within the Trust will enable us to achieve our ambition to be rated outstanding at our next Ofsted inspection'
You may also want to watch:
David Pomfret, chief executive of the CWA Academy Trust, said: 'Our vision is to support our local communities by working together to achieve excellence through learning. Our primary academies are going from strength to strength and 2016 outcomes place both Eastgate Academy and Nelson Academy in the top 10pc of schools nationally.
'We look forward to welcoming Upwell Community Primary School to our family and supporting it in its journey towards becoming an outstanding academy.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 7 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 8 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
CWA Academy Trust will be working with the school's leaders and consulting with parents in the coming months, in preparation for the opening of the new academy in March 2017.