UEA rises to 14th in prestigious league table
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
The University of East Anglia is the 14th best university in the UK, according to the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015.
It is the Norwich-based university's highest ever position and was commended on the university's creative writing programme, its health studies schools, and its sharpened focus on employability that promotes the development of the academic and wider skills employers demand.
According to the guide: 'The University of East Anglia is seldom outside the top 10 in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide analysis of the National Student Survey (NSS) – and this year is no exception, ranking fifth in the UK for student satisfaction.
'Its 15,000 students appear to like the scale of this relatively small campus university, as well as the quality of its courses and the accessibility of staff.'
The results are the latest league table success for UEA, following a climb to 14th in the Guardian League Table, 15th in the Complete University Guide and a second year in the top three of the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey.
You may also want to watch:
Vice-Chancellor Prof David Richardson said: 'It is extremely pleasing to see the hard work of staff and students recognised with this tremendous result.
'Over the past few years we have firmly established UEA in the top 20 of UK universities and we will continue that upward trajectory. Delivering a first class student experience, combined with internationally-renowned research and teaching, is key to our high position in the league tables, and I look forward to our continued success in the years to come.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash