Children become rock stars for the day at Open in Norwich
- Credit: Trinity On Tour
Children got to experience life as a rock star at Open in Norwich this week.
Over 350 young people aged six to 16 from the surrounding area attended the Trinity Rock and Pop experience on Wednesday, run by Trinity College London.
The aim of the free event is to introduce children to the rewards of learning a musical instrument.
Through its newly launched Rock and Pop 2018 graded exam syllabus, the day encouraged pupils to experience musical education, learning from new song lists with hundreds of well-known songs by artists ranging from Adele to David Bowie.
It also offered the opportunity to hear, meet and play alongside real session musicians.
You may also want to watch:
Instruments including keyboard, guitar, bass and drums were provided and the day was split according to age with workshops that cater for those with no experience up to accomplished singers and players.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 10 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety