Thorpe St Andrew School dance students to take audience on trip around the world
Cultures from all around the globe will be on show at Thorpe St Andrew School this evening.
A dance show based on Jules Verne's novel Around The World In 80 Days has been directed by the school's BTEC dance students and school dance leaders as part of their GCSE and A-level dance exams.
The Around The World In 80 Minutes show is being performed tonight and tomorrow night, from 7.30pm.
It features dances based on the cultures of France, Greece, Ibiza, Afghanistan, Russia, Mongolia, Sweden, Madagascar, Haiti and many more. There is even a dance for Antarctica.
The performance has been organised by the school's PE and dance teacher, Claire Gregson, who said: 'All the students who have taken part in the dance show demonstrate commitment and dedication throughout the year.
You may also want to watch:
'Their hard work and passion is evident on a daily basis and the students develop technically in dance, they develop key skills such as communication and teamwork and they also develop socially.
'The results that they achieve through putting on a production such as this show, is inspirational to all. It goes to show that no mountain is too high, no river is too wide, if you have a passion to get somewhere, then you can achieve.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train
'I am proud of every student in the show and hope that they may continue dance in its various forms that are available through Thorpe St Andrew School.'
All are welcome to attend the show. Tickets are for sale in the school's reception at �4 for adults and �3 for concessions.
Is your school organising a show? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email@example.com