Thetford Grammar School appoint headmaster of Bangkok school to start in September
- Credit: Archant
An historic grammar school has announced its new headmaster who will start in September.
Mark Bedford, currently headmaster of the Rasami British International School in Bangkok, Thailand, will replace Gareth Price as headmaster of the 800-year-old Thetford Grammar School.
Mr Price retires after 10 years in charge.
Mr Bedford, 48, has previously taught in Greece, Cyprus and the UK and is married with three children.
He said: 'I am very excited about becoming headmaster of a school that has a long and illustrious educational heritage.
You may also want to watch:
'This will bring new professional and personal challenges for both myself and my family but also considerable opportunities for development and advancement.'
Maureen Eade, the school's chairman of governors, said Mr Bedford was the 'unanimous choice from a strong field of candidates.'
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences