Thetford academy breaks ground for new eco-friendly nursery
- Credit: Academy Transformation Trust
A primary school is digging deep to tackle increased demand for places at its nursery.
Construction work has started at Norwich Road Academy in Thetford to create a new nursery building.
The eco-friendly building is going up in response to demand for more places at the academy's nursery – it will offer 26 full-time places, an increase of a third on the current capacity.
At a time when the Government is debating the extension of its provision for free childcare, the new building will enable the academy to offer more places for three and four-year-olds to support local families.
Acting principal Tracey Thurlby, staff and children attending the nursery broke the ground at the new site in a ceremony celebrating the start of the project, which is being funded by sponsor Academy Transformation Trust.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Thurlby said: 'It is very important to us that children begin their learning journey early so that they have every opportunity to reach their full potential.
'We are all extremely excited about our new building and welcoming all the children that will benefit so greatly from it.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
'I warmly invite parents who are interested in what we offer to book an appointment to view the existing nursery and plans for the new building'.
Claire Pritchard, director of resources at Academy Transformation Trust, said: 'We are extremely pleased that ATT have been able to support this project.
'We are absolutely committed to offering the very best opportunities for pupils of all ages through providing outstanding facilities for children'.
What do you think of the project? Let us know - email firstname.lastname@example.org