The Inspiration Trust
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
The Inspiration Trust took on its first school last September, and its portfolio will eventually include two free schools in its mix of instutions across the county, teaching children from three to 19.
The trust is headed by Rachel De Souza, outgoing principal of Victory Academy in Costessey, which Ofsted last month said had transformed into an outstanding school.
Its members include the Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form Free School, due to open in September, the Jane Austen College, due to open in 2014, and Great Yarmouth Primary Academy, with Larkman Primary in Norwich, Cromer Academy and Hethersett High due to join shortly.
Mrs De Souza said the trust will concentrate solely on Norfolk, aspires to a maximum of two more secondary schools supporting a small number of primaries, and in the longer term hopes to open a training school. She said each academy will specialise in one or two curriculum areas, and lead on that specialism across the group.
She said: 'The Inspiration Trust as a local group of schools will be able to access and draw upon the best support in Norfolk and beyond.
You may also want to watch:
'We already work with nationally-recognised academics and experts in school improvement and we look outwards to find the very best practice nationally and check that we are moving forward.
'We have links with America, Russia and international schools. However, in the end it is brilliant local teachers who will make the difference for our local children and it's my ambition that Norfolk will one day soon lead the way in educational standards, right across the country.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency