The Festival of Architecture for Norfolk and Norwich launched at the Forum
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A biennial festival celebrating the county's contemporary architecture returned with a packed programme of events in Norwich.
The Norfolk Association of Architects' festival - FANN 13 - kicked off this week at the Forum with an exhibition showcasing Norfolk architects' work and perspective talks.
And this year's Norwich lecture will be given by internationally renowned award-winning architect Álvaro Siza Vieira at the University of East Anglia.
Matt Wood, from Lucas Hickman Smith and chairman of the FANN 13 steering group, said: 'We have created an exciting programme of activities in Norwich, which we hope will increase interest the understanding of the role that contemporary architecture plays in Norfolk's cultural life and the changing face of the county.
'We are also looking forward to welcoming Álvaro Siza Vieira to Norwich. His lecture will close the festival.'
You may also want to watch:
Other events include architecture inspired art at venues across the city including children's events at Norwich Castle and the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts.
There will also be a chance to have tea with an architect on Norwich Market, visit Pattern Book - an exhibition on tumblr by first year students at Norwich University of The Arts - and a Pecha Kucha evening at Cinema City.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
People are also being encouraged to take part in the photography competition in association with the Eastern Daily Press 'NorfolkIs' campaign.
The festival exhibition will run at Forum till October 17 and from October 20-23.
• For more information visit www.fann.org.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the festival on Twitter @ArchiFestival #FANN13 and Facebook.