Teacher Kirsty Downs, from Alderman Peel High School at Wells, stars in new TV commercial
- Credit: Ian Burt
Miss Downs, head of PE and assistant head at the school, has been chosen from teachers across the country as part of a campaign to attract more people into the profession.
They appear in an advertisement titled Your Future Their Future, which explains why those with the passion and potential to teach should consider giving the classroom a go.
It's been produced by National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL). The line-up includes national teaching award winners, newly qualified teachers and those who switched from other careers into the teaching profession.
The launch coincides with the opening of teacher training applications for 2016. The NCTL says the UK needs to attract approximately 35,000 people into teacher training every year.
In the commercial, which asks what teachers do, Miss Downs says: 'They make the uninterested ambitious, the interested passionate.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 3 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 7 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 8 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 9 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month