Talented young Norfolk photographers to take centre stage at Norwich Theatre Royal
- Credit: submitted
From striking portraits to atmospheric landscapes, an array of pictures by talented young Norfolk photographers is set to go on show at a city theatre.
The sixth-formers from Hellesdon High School will take centre stage at Norwich Theatre Royal when the exhibition of their work opens next Tuesday in the venue's Adnams Bar.
The young people from years 12 and 13 are all studying for an A Level in photography, and the art show is giving them the opportunity to show off some of their best photographs to the public.
Robert West, the school's photography teacher, said: 'The students have already exhibited their work at the school but it will be a great honour for them to display it at Norwich Theatre Royal where it will be seen by a far greater audience.
'I am exceptionally proud of the work being displayed in the exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
'The variety of work and the level of photographic skill on show is testament to the hard work demonstrated by all of the students involved.'
The sixth-formers were each encouraged to develop their own themes and the eclectic mix of images set to go on display includes lots of inventive and very different portraits as well as some still life and landscapes.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
The photography exhibition will be in the Adnams Bar at Norwich Theatre Royal from Tuesday, September 29 and will be on display throughout the winter.
For more about the pupils' photography, visit https://hellesdonphotography.wordpress.com/ Exhibitions at Norwich Theatre Royal's Adnams Bar are supported by Targetfollow.
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com