Talented young Norfolk photographers to take centre stage at Norwich Theatre Royal
- Credit: submitted
From striking portraits to atmospheric landscapes, an array of pictures by talented young Norfolk photographers is set to go on show at a city theatre.
The sixth-formers from Hellesdon High School will take centre stage at Norwich Theatre Royal when the exhibition of their work opens next Tuesday in the venue's Adnams Bar.
The young people from years 12 and 13 are all studying for an A Level in photography, and the art show is giving them the opportunity to show off some of their best photographs to the public.
Robert West, the school's photography teacher, said: 'The students have already exhibited their work at the school but it will be a great honour for them to display it at Norwich Theatre Royal where it will be seen by a far greater audience.
'I am exceptionally proud of the work being displayed in the exhibition.
You may also want to watch:
'The variety of work and the level of photographic skill on show is testament to the hard work demonstrated by all of the students involved.'
The sixth-formers were each encouraged to develop their own themes and the eclectic mix of images set to go on display includes lots of inventive and very different portraits as well as some still life and landscapes.
- 1 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 2 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 8 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 9 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 10 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
The photography exhibition will be in the Adnams Bar at Norwich Theatre Royal from Tuesday, September 29 and will be on display throughout the winter.
For more about the pupils' photography, visit https://hellesdonphotography.wordpress.com/ Exhibitions at Norwich Theatre Royal's Adnams Bar are supported by Targetfollow.
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com