Surf lesson and birthday party on offer at Sheringham auction of promises
- Credit: Archant
A two-hour surf lesson, a photography workshop and a children's birthday party at Cromer Sports Centre are just some of the treats on offer in an auction of promises being held as part of Sheringham Primary School's annual summer fair.
More than 30 local businesses and individuals have donated lots, ranging from meals out, beauty treatments and trips to local attractions, to an art and craft-themed birthday party, a weekend camping holiday in a luxury yurt and a 'be an architect for a day' experience donated by SMG Architects of Sheringham.
Also up for grabs are a weekend's hire of a VW camper van, a history walk around Sheringham with local historian and former Sheringham Primary School teacher Tim Groves, and a bug-themed party hosted by National Trust learning and community engagement officer Rob Coleman.
Organised by Sheringham Primary Friends group, the summer fair is one of the school's main fundraising events, raising up to £2,000 for 'extras' for pupils.
Proceeds this year will go towards a climbing frame appeal launched last year to replace ageing play equipment with a new, £30,000 pirate-themed adventure play centre.
You may also want to watch:
More than £18,600 in grants and donations has already been raised towards the appeal, with pupils selling their unwanted toys and handing over pocket money and the school council writing letters to Norfolk businesses to ask for donations.
Action bids can be made by collecting a form from the school office, or emailing email@example.com with a full list of lots available on the school's Facebook page.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 4 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
Winning bids will be announced at the summer fair, which runs tomorrow from 1.30-3pm.
Attractions will include games, stalls and a bouncy castle, as well as a bird of prey demonstration, live music and dance, and a bake-off contest.