Plaits the spirit! How you can get the Viking look
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to Norwich Castle will have the opportunity for a Viking makeover this Easter.
To tie in with the Viking: Rediscover the Legend exhibition running at the Castle Museum, hairdressing students from City College Norwich are manning a pop-up salon offering Viking plaits.
As well as giving visitors an extra insight into Viking culture, for the level two and three students working at the Viking Sassoon it is providing valuable work experience.
Cheryl Pinner, level two technical certificate in hairdressing course leader at City College Norwich, said: 'It is lovely for our students as it has given them an awareness of historical hair and it is great for them to be working with the public.'
• Appointments at the pop-up salon on April 11, 15 and 18 can be pre-booked by calling Norwich Castle Museum on 01603 495897. The museum's Viking-inspired events programme, Legend! will run throughout the school holidays until September.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder