Strike a pose! Model students hit the catwalk to raise cash for Aylsham High School prom
- Credit: Callum Wells
Model students from a north Norfolk high school strutted their stuff on the catwalk to help raise cash for their summer prom.
The year 11 pupils from Aylsham High School, on Sir William's Lane, modelled prom dresses and suits from The Wardrobe in Horsford.
The show followed with a casual wear section from Blossom and Green in Aylsham and Roys of Wroxham.
Organiser Diane Wade, from the school, said: 'It was just so lovely to see the Year 11s relaxing as they prepare for the busiest period of their school career.
'It was fabulous to work with alumni as our sound and lighting guys, all of whom are now going off to study film/theatre production at uni or in the case of James Hubbard, to a full-time apprentice cameraman at Epic Studios.'
You may also want to watch:
A total of £1,800 was raised from the event, which took place on Friday, April 21.
The funds raised will go towards the Class of 2017 Prom, on July 1 at Mannington Hall.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 7 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 8 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 9 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 10 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
A donation will also be made to the charity Water Aid.
The next event on the prom fundraising calendar is An Auction of Very Real Things at the school on Thursday, May 4. Browsing will be from 7pm and the first lot goes under the hammer at 7.30pm.
- For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.