Sprowston school receive surprise visit from Jake Humphrey and West End actor
- Credit: Archant
Jake Humphrey and West End performer Jack Fisher surprised students at Sprowston Community Academy at a prize winner's event.
Year 11 and 13 students were surprised by the guest speakers at their annual 'Prize Winners Tea' event on Thursday evening.
Acting head teacher Liz Wood, whose been teaching at the school for 20 years, said: 'It was amazing to have somebody so well known in the school, Jake talked about how it is okay to fail.
'He spoke about earlier on in his career when he struggled to get a job, failed at things but also how he learnt from it.'
Jack Fisher, former student at Sprowston Community Academy also spoke at the event ahead of his debut show on the West End.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Wood continued: 'We were grateful to have Jack Fisher come back and speak to our students, they found it inspirational to see somebody who had been to the school.'
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder