Silver medal success for Paston Sixth Form College discus thrower
- Credit: Archant
A North Walsham student helped his team achieve a silver medal at a world championships in France.
Discus thrower Oliver Massingham, who attends Paston Sixth Form College, represented his country at the prestigious ISF World Schools Athletics Championships in Nancy.
He gained a very credible fifth place which contributed valuable points, leading to a team silver medal.
In total 23 teams competed including China, Germany, Australia, Brazil, India and Iran.
Oliver also represented Norfolk in the English Schools Championships in Birmingham this month where he gained an individual bronze medal.
You may also want to watch:
Paston school principal Kevin Grieve said: 'Oliver continues to work extremely hard in training and plans to compete in the senior ranks next year. He is currently seeking sponsorship to help him compete at world and European level. Please contact the college if you can support him with his future ambitions to be a top discus thrower.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 6 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast