School in Marshland St James escapes being placed in special measures
- Credit: PA
A primary school has been identified as having 'serious weaknesses' – but will not be placed in special measures.
Ofsted inspectors gave Marshland St James VC Primary School and Nursery, on School Road, an overall grade as 'inadequate.'
But headteacher Sarah Durrant, who has been at the school of 109 pupils since September 2013, said inspectors were confident that the school did not require special measures monitoring.
Mrs Durrant said: 'We have already got actions in place. We are in a real position for the school to move forward.
'We are in the process of focusing on teaching literacy and numeracy and the writing already has been improving.'
You may also want to watch:
She added that the option of the school becoming an academy was being considered. 'That's something governors are having conversations about,' she said. 'We are in a vulnerable position and we want what's best to give the school the real potential to move forward.'
The inspection was carried out in January and a report of the findings stated pupils' achievement had 'declined over the last three years' and not enough progress was made in Years 1 and 2.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 10 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
However, the inspection found that the school had many strengths – such as good provision of keeping pupils safe and pupil attendance has risen.
Have you got any news from your school? Email email@example.com.