High school students take to kitchen for TV inspired cooking competition
- Credit: Archant
A group of high school students tried their hand at cooking in a competition inspired by a popular TV show.
Students at Reepham High School took part in a Junior Masterchef competition as part of the Reepham Food Festival.
They were required to develop recipe ideas for two courses with a spring or summer theme to be produced from local ingredients for less than £15.
The winner will receive £100 in gift vouchers and the opportunity for a hands-on kitchen experience with the Dial House in Reepham, with the results set to be announced at the festival on May 26.
Joel Fagg, regional manager for Education at Edwards & Blake, which sponsored the competition, said: "We are delighted to support this event and have been really impressed by the cooking talent and quality of food on show."
You may also want to watch:
The Reepham Food Festival takes place in the town square and will feature 50 stalls from local food producers.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit